The second meeting of the Cyber Patriot Task Force, focused on Operational Technology was held on the 9th May 2019 at the Oberoi Hotel, Bengaluru. CISOs from banks, defence manufacturing, IT Services and MNC manufacturing participated.
Following is the list of attendees:
- Mr Debashis Singh, CISO, Mphasis
- Mr Vikram G R, CISO, Diageo
- Mr Ajay Kumar, CISO, Vijaya Bank
- Mr J N Mallikarjun Rao, CISO, Syndicate Bank
- Mr Rajiv Agarwal, GM, IT & CISO, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- Mr Sameer Kochhar, Chairman, SKOCH Group
- Dr Gursharan Dhanjal, MD & Editor, SKOCH Group
- Mr Kunal Chauhan, President, SKOCH Group
- Mr Stefan Kaushik, Business Analyst, SKOCH Group
Some of the learning’s were as follows:
- Bank mergers are posing new security challenges for the short to medium term.
- The outsourcing model is posing a higher degree of risk.
- Customising solutions is not possible and privileged identity management is a big area for concern.
- Cyber Security is a specialised job, while there is focus on movement of CISOs to business, there is no attempt to give business team’s exposure to security.
- The biggest resistance to security comes from IT vendors themselves who would like it to take a back seat.